Investors start this new decade with rich equity valuations and global debt levels at record highs, requiring a thoughtful reevaluation of portfolio positioning for the next decade.
Pavilion’s top investment ideas for endowments and foundations in 2020 fall into four themes: Protect, Reflect, Capitalize and Organize. The order of these four themes is intentional, with a particular emphasis on prudent portfolio protection given market conditions.
1. Bolster portfolio resiliency
2. Diversify defense
3. Lock down liquidity
4. Examine the portfolio’s holistic context
5. Explore all facets of the spending policy
6. Consider converging markets
7. Revisit the illiquidity premium
8. Reassess real assets
9. Build governance resiliency
10. Engage in the diversity and inclusion conversation
Download the whitepaper to learn more.